The goal of Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, better known as CEREC, is to get you in and out of the dentist's office on the same day with your new dental restoration. It is a technology that’s available at Dr. David Feeney’s Matthews, NC, dentist office. Patients who are in need of crowns are excited to learn that they no longer have to wait weeks or months for them. Here are a few benefits of CEREC same day crowns that may attract your attention.
First, What Are CEREC Same Day Crowns?
As the name suggests, same day crowns are restorations that can be created almost immediately. This is done with a machine called CEREC that is based on CAD/CAM technology. After taking a visual image of your teeth, the computer can mill a crown in about an hour or less, while you’re waiting in the chair. Your dentist can then bond the crown in a matter of minutes, shape it if needed, then send you on your way.
The Benefits of CEREC Crowns
CEREC is growing in popularity at dentist offices around the country because of the convenience and effectiveness of this technology. Here are some of most significant benefits of getting same day crowns at Dr. Feeney’s Matthews dentist office:
- Your dentist is able to create crowns that are almost perfect. They usually require very little adjustment compared to lab-created caps.
- The process is fast—about 2-3 hours versus two or more weeks.
- There’s no need for a potentially uncomfortable temporary crown.
Maintaining Your New Crown
After you same-visit crown is installed, it’s up to you to care for it so that you can enjoy the benefits for as long as possible. Consider these simple tips for carrying for your CEREC crown:
- Brush and floss gently around the crown, especially the gum line to keep it free from food and plaque.
- Avoid biting down on hard foods or exposing the crown to very hot liquids.
- Tell your dentist if there is any discomfort after the installation so that adjustments can be made to prevent potential damage.
Just One Crown Appointment
If you decide to get a CEREC crown, you can go to the dentist for just one appointment and walk out with your brand-new capped tooth. Call (704) 847-1000 today to schedule time with Dr. Feeney at his Matthews, NC, office.